Monday, January 11, 2010

Ikea Dresser Hack

Recently, I decided to change up my bedroom and go for a Hollywood glam look.  To start out I wanted to re-paint the walls and most all of my furniture.  I had the idea to paint my birch color Ikea Aneboda dresser white, but I wasn't sure if this was possible since it is made of non-wood material.  I started searching the web for Ikea hacks and came across one I really liked on Design*Sponge .  They painted the birch dresser a dark color and in place of the clear panels, they installed fabric panels, which was a really nice touch.  The finished product came out beautifully!

primed and painted the dresser and found a really nice faux ceiling tile paintable wallpaper at Lowes, that I was able to spray paint metallic silver for the panel inserts.  Lastly, I changed out the old wooden drawer pulls, with inexpensive brushed silver hardware.

I could not have asked for better end results, I absolutely love my "new" dresser!








9 comments:

  1. Love the end result and no one would ever expect that to have come from Ikea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel and another thanks for following my new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely stunning, I've got 2 anedoba wardrobes and you've truly inspired me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Carol! I'd love to see how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm recreating this and wondering how did you place the wallpaper insert in? did you place it over the existing plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering, did you glue the wallpaper on? If so, what kind of glue did you use? And where did you get the drawer pulls? Nice project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great result!! What sort of primer and paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you please tell me where I can get this paper from I have searched everywhere online and it is completely sold out or no longer being made.

    I have a square gap in my ceiling that needs replacing with this paper.

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ok I followed your link above and found it. Woo hoo. Thank you so much for this site!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails